HOW TO: LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
HOW-TO: LAST-MINUTE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
With the holiday season in full swing, most people have the gifts on their Christmas list all crossed off. But for those last-minute shoppers, we have some tips for you.
- Make a list and check it twice – Just like Santa, you should write out a list of all those who you need gifts for. Not only will this help you stay on track and (hopefully) not forget anyone, but it can also help you stay on budget.
- Surf the web – Ordering gifs online may seem tricky or unreliable, but that can all be eased with a few simple tricks!
- Research the website if it is one you have never heard of, and make sure you see good reviews, especially for shipping.
- Pay attention to the “order by” date to receive it in time for Christmas, and if you know it will arrive after Christmas, print out a picture of the gift to insert into a card so the receiver will still have something to open on Christmas day!
- Check and see if the online retailer has a ‘pick-up’ location at a physical store, this helps you skip the line and guarantee you get the gift.
- Food for thought – as the saying goes, the way to the heart is through the stomach. Gifting food can be done in a variety of ways:
- Send an edible arrangement
- Send a charcuterie basket
- Pre-measure the ingredients for some homemade cookies, place them in a mason jar, and attach instructions on how to make them and what else may need to be added! This can be wrapped or tied with a festive ribbon.
- The gift of choice – It’s possible you know someone who really wants some new clothes, well instead of stressing over the size or style, just go straight to the gift card. Some gift card ideas also include a fun mug with a gift card to their favorite coffee shop in it, or for the book worm, a classic novel with a bookstore gift card tucked in, or maybe even some popcorn attached with a movie theater gift card.